Alma, Mich. - The Alma College volleyball team dropped its final match of the year 3-2 (21-25, 25-19, 22-25, 18-25, 7-15) to Adrian College on Saturday evening.
Georgia Miller (Georgetown, Ky. / Scott County) led the Scots in kills (11) and kill percentage (.206). Dakota Pelach (Gaylord, Mich. / Gaylord) led all players in assists with 20; Haley Novak (Midland, Mich. / Bullock Creek) was just behind her with 19. The Scots had 101 digs as a team in the match, the most of the season. They were led by Pelach, who had 21, and Brooke Mason (Marshall, Mich. / Marshall), who had 20.
Alma ends the season 8-16 overall and 5-11 in the MIAA while Adrian ends at 7-20 and 6-10.
- Alma led early in the first set but gave up the lead to the Bulldogs during an 8-1 run. Up 17-14, Adrian took the first set despite Alma scoring three straight points to get to 21.
- Alma won the second set thanks, in part, to a 4-0 run to end the frame. Muxlow posted two straight kills, Miller landed an ace and the Scots scored its 25th point on an Adrian error.
- The third set saw 13 ties, the last one being 22-22. Alma hit two errors in the last three points to give Adrian the win.
- The fourth set saw the biggest win by either team as Alma won by seven. The Scots' biggest lead in the set was eight points at 23-15. Novak had three kills in the set.
- Alma jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the fifth set but allowed an 8-1 run to the Bulldogs following that. Adrian would score the final four points of the set to earn the victory.
- Alma had the two highest hit percentages in any set at .262 in the second and .233 in the fourth. Alma also had a game-high 16 kills in the second set.
- The Scots had a negative hit percentage in all three sets they lost.
Contact: Zach Russo, Assistant Sports Information Director, (989) 463-7436